Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked this morning by MRSC Valentia, to search for a person at the Cliffs of Moher. Both boats were launched and carried out a search under the cliffs. Conditions were good and the boats were able to get close to the shore. Search teams were positioned along the top of the cliffs .The Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter, Rescue 115 , carried out a search in the morning and again in the evening. Nothing was found , the search will resume in the morning.
The search resumed this morning. The D-Class boat was launched and searched at the base of the cliffs. A short time later a body was located and recovered .
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....