Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC Valentia, to go to Inis Mór to assist North Aran Coast Guard Unit in a search for a missing person . Members of the team were flown out by Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter, Rescue 115, along with climbing gear and equipment.The Doolin Coast Guard boat was launched and proceeded to the Island. Rescue 115 carried out a search while the Aran Islands Lifeboat and local fishing boats searched the sea. Teams and locals searched form the cliff tops . The search will continue tomorrow.
Heli landing photos courtesy of Pat Flynn
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....