Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked for a second time today. MRSC Valentia had received a call from a concerned member of the public about a surfer in difficulty off Lahinch Beach. Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked at 17.30 , assembled and team members took the D-Class to Liscannor, launched from there and others went to various locations off Lahinch Beach to keep track of casualty’s location. The surfer was taken on board the D-Class and taken back to Liscannor Pier where he was treated by Coast Guard members for mild hypothermia . The surfer was caught in a current , was unable to get back to shore and had become exhausted and cold. He was then taken back to Lahinch and advised to see a Doctor. Team stood down.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....