Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked for a second time today. MRSC Valentia had received a call from a concerned member of the public about a surfer in difficulty off Lahinch Beach. Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked at 17.30 , assembled and team members took the D-Class to Liscannor, launched from there and others went to various locations off Lahinch Beach to keep track of casualty’s location. The surfer was taken on board the D-Class and taken back to Liscannor Pier where he was treated by Coast Guard members for mild hypothermia . The surfer was caught in a current , was unable to get back to shore and had become exhausted and cold. He was then taken back to Lahinch and advised to see a Doctor. Team stood down.
Click here to leave a comment
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...