At 14.51 today, Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked to an incident in the water between Liscannor and Lahinch. A swimmer was reported to be in difficulty off Kilmacreehy shore , Liscannor.
The team launched the Delta RIB immediately from Doolin and made fast headway to Liscannor. The Irish Naval vessel , The LE Aisling, was anchored in Liscannor Bay over the course of the weekend and they were able to get their RIB to the scene very quickly, they recovered the casualty to their boat . The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter had also been tasked and landed at Liscannor Pier .Along with Doolin Coast Guard members, also assisting at the scene was the HSE Ambulance service, The Ennistymon Fire and Rescue Service , the Gardaí, and members of Lahinch Rescue.The casualty was taken on board the helicopter and transported to hospital. Several other people who had attempted to help the girl from the water were treated by members of the above rescue services for shock.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....